Fashion Retailing, Marketing & Merchandising Part Time course
- Next Start Date: Thursday the 30th of May 2013: 9:30AM - 4:00PM BRISBANE
- Next Start Date: Thursday the 30th of May 2013: 9:30AM - 4:00PM GOLD COAST
Would you like to get into a career as a fashion buyer, merchandiser, marketing manager or sales representative? Would you like to open your own fashion boutique? or start your own fashion related business? This course is suitable for anyone interested in a career in the fashion industry. Student's who have or wish to start their own label will benefit greatly from this course, learning how to effectively market their fashion label and develop their own brand.
This part time course covers units from the Diploma of Fashion & Textiles Merchandising course. After completing this course, students can continue on to complete the rest of the units in the Diploma, receiving credit for the units completed in this course. This is a great way for those who are unable to complete full time study to achieve knowledge in fashion marketing & merchandising while maintaining their other commitments.
This course can also be undertaken at the same time as the 'Certificate III in Styling (Fashion, Image & Media)' course (on Friday's) for those who are particularly interested in working in the areas of fashion styling, fashion magazine & media.
If you are able to undertake more than one day of study per week, we can recommend other part time options to help you achieve the full qualification quicker!
Other options for combined study are available as well. For information, please contact us on (07) 55 938 335.
Topic Areas Covered:
- fashion marketing
- visual merchandising
- fashion merchandising plans
- fashion buying
- trend forecasting
Analyse textiles clothing and footwear merchandising and marking principles:
This unit covers skills and knowledge to analyse key principles of merchandising and marketing when applied in a textile, clothing and footwear (TCF) environment. The unit applies to activities associated with marketing at all stages of the TCF supply chain and merchandising through wholesale and retail channels. TCF products may be items and services from any sector within the TCF industries and include final products such as garments or fashion accessories or processed materials such as fabrics and industrial or domestic textiles.
Develop marketing plans for fashion products:
This unit covers the skills and knowledge to plan marketing and promotional activities to support the sales of fashion products. The unit applies to marketing activities typical to the promotion and sale of fashion products. Development of marketing plans may be central to the work role or completed as part of the overall sale of design concepts to clients. All proposed marketing activities must be appropriate to the price point of the fashion design and the overall objectives of the client. Marketing plans may specify details for events such as fashion design launches, fashion parades or shows and exhibitions or target strategies such as advertising and promotional campaigns.
Conduct fashion design purchasing:
This unit covers the skills and knowledge to research and purchase fashion products for use in the development of fashion designs. The unit applies to the research of national or international fashion themes and styles, location of fashion design outlets and purchasing of products to use in the development of designs and fashion directions. Purchases may be to inspire new designs or assist in demonstrating ideas to meet a client design brief. Purchasing skills covered by this unit include the ability to identify emerging styles and themes, recognise development opportunities and select designs according to the design needs of a product range or label.
Develop merchandising plans for fashion products:
This unit covers the skills and knowledge to develop merchandising plans for fashion products. The unit applies to merchandising activities involving the presentation, sale and promotion of fashion design products. It applies to merchandising of high-volume and low-volume fashion products and accessories to the appropriate market sectors. Development of merchandising plans may be central to the work role or completed as part of the overall sale of design concepts to clients. Plans may incorporate merchandising practices such as just in time systems, point of sale documentation and communication systems, overnight replenishment and sale tracking systems, according to the practices of the workplace and merchandising outlet. All proposed merchandising activities must be appropriate to the price point of the fashion design and the overall objectives of the client.
Identify opportunities in the textiles, clothing and footwear market:
This unit covers skills and knowledge to conduct market research into textiles, clothing and footwear (TCF) markets and identify opportunities for improving the performance or outcomes of a TCF product. The unit applies to enterprises involved in the supply of products and services within the TCF industries.
Analyse consumer behaviour for specific markets:
This unit covers analysis of consumer behaviour to enable marketing to be targeted to specific markets and specific needs.
Promote Products and Services:
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to coordinate and review the promotion of an organisation's products and services.
Research International Markets:
This unit specifies the outcomes required to undertake market research to select markets to pursue. This unit addresses the application of knowledge and skills to research information from international markets including identifying and accessing the required information; analysing this information to determine, document and report trends within specific target markets; and using the outcomes of the analysis process to inform decision making in relation to markets to pursue.
Units of Competency:
Students who successfully complete this course will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency which come from the Diploma of Fashion & Textiles Merchandising qualification.
|UNIT CODE||UNIT NAME|
|LMTGN4019A||Analyse textiles clothing and footwear merchandising and marketing principles|
|BSBMKG402A||Analyse consumer behaviour for specific markets|
|LMTGN5008A||Identify opportunities in the textiles, clothing and footwear market|
|LMTFD5008B||Conduct fashion design purchasing|
|LMTFD5013B||Develop merchandising plans for fashion products|
|LMTFD5004B||Develop marketing plans for fashion products|
|BSBMKG413A||Promote products and services|
|BSBMKG415A||Research international markets|
1 Day per week on Thursday's (9am - 3.30pm) over 25 weeks plus holiday breaks - See Term Dates Below:
Course fees include:
- class notes
- use of the school’s equipment
- school t-shirt.
The course fees are for a position in the course and are payable whether the student completes the course or not. Upon enrolling in the course, the student (and guarantor/s) becomes liable to the institute for the full course fees.
To secure a position in the course, student's must pay a minimum non-refundable course deposit of 10% of the 'Discounted Upfront Payment Price' (listed below).
Fashion Retailing, Marketing & Merchandising:
Discounted Upfront Payment Price: $3,000.00
- Non-Refundable Course Deposit: $300.00
- Balance Due on Course Commencement Date: $2,700.00
Full Course Cost (Payment Plan): $3,300.00
- Non-Refundable Course Deposit: $300.00
- Balance paid in weekly direct debit installments (with Ezypay) over course duration: $3,000.00
- Printing & photocopying by student.
Required Course Equipment:
A detailed equipment list is provided on course application and is also available by request.
Students will need to provide the following equipment:
- Basic stationary: i.e. display folders, notepad, pens, pencil, rubber. (approx: $50)
- USB Thumb Drive (2GB recommended minimum)
To enrol, you must contact us on (07) 55 938 335 and request an enrolment pack for this course. Please note, enrolment packs are only given out on request.
Register Your Interest in This Course
- Fashion Courses
- Full Time
- Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design & Technology
- Advanced Diploma of Fashion & Textiles Merchandising
- Part Time
- Certificate II in Applied Fashion Design & Technology
- Certificate III in Design Fundamentals (Fashion Design)
- Fashion Design Development
- Fashion Marketing & Merchandising
- Pattern Making
- Short Courses
- Beginner Sewing Classes
- Fast Track Fashion Design Course
- Fashion Business & Merchandising Course
- Footwear Design Course
- Textile Design Course
- Fashion Buying Course
- Fashion Journalism Course
- Fashion Events Course
- Pattern-Making Course
- Swimwear Design Course
- Illustrator & Photoshop for Fashion Design Course
- Fashion Illustration Course
- Fashion Design & Pattern-making Course
- Stretch Wear Course
- Intermediate Sewing Classes
- Handbag Design Course
- Online Business Course
- Fashion Marketing Course
- Fashion Business Management Course
- Visual Merchandising Course
- T-Shirt Design Course
- Correspondence Courses
- Fashion Design & Styling
- Fashion Business & Merchandising
- Fashion Styling & Image Courses
- Upcoming Courses
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time24th May 13
- Make-Up for You25th May 13
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care25th May 13
- Fashion Retailing, Marketing & Merchandising30th May 13
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time31st May 13
- Certificate II in Nail Technology31st May 13
- Manicure & Pedicure31st May 13
- Hair for You1st Jun 13
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time8th Jun 13
- Diploma of Specialist Make-Up Services13th Jun 13
- Fashion Business & Merchandising15th Jun 13
- Fashion Photography and Styling15th Jun 13
- Fashion Styling15th Jun 13
- Airbrush Makeup15th Jun 13
- Hair Styling15th Jun 13
- Spray Tanning15th Jun 13
- Waxing & Tinting21st Jun 13
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time21st Jun 13
- Acrylic & Gel Nails29th Jun 13
- Massage29th Jun 13
- Eyelash Extensions29th Jun 13
- Manicure & Pedicure6th Jul 13
- Certificate II in Nail Technology6th Jul 13
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care13th Jul 13
- Aromatherapy13th Jul 13
- Acrylic & Gel Nails19th Jul 13
- Fast Track Fashion Design27th Jul 13
- Diploma of Photo Imaging29th Jul 13
- Diploma of Photo Imaging30th Jul 13
- Textile Design2nd Aug 13
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care2nd Aug 13
- Certificate II in Nail Technology2nd Aug 13
- Manicure & Pedicure2nd Aug 13
- Anatomy & Physiology Correspondence Course2nd Aug 13
- Cosmetic Chemistry2nd Aug 13
- Nutrition2nd Aug 13
- Footwear Design16th Aug 13
- Acrylic & Gel Nails24th Aug 13
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care24th Aug 13
- Fashion Business & Merchandising31st Aug 13
- Waxing & Tinting7th Sep 13
- Spa Treatments14th Sep 13
- Acrylic & Gel Nails20th Sep 13
- Facial Course21st Sep 13
- Waxing & Tinting27th Sep 13
- Anatomy & Physiology Correspondence Course11th Oct 13
- Hot Stone Massage18th Oct 13
- Body Electrics26th Oct 13
- Advanced Facials9th Nov 13
- Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design & Technology24th Feb 14
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy24th Feb 14
- Advanced Diploma of Fashion & Textiles Merchandising24th Feb 14
- Advanced Diploma of Interior Design3rd Mar 14
- Diploma of Styling (Fashion, Image & Media)3rd Mar 14
- Diploma of Specialist Make-Up Services3rd Mar 14
- Certificate II in Applied Fashion Design & Technology7th Mar 14
- Certificate IV in Make-Up10th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Design Fundamentals (Fashion Design)14th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Visual Arts (Textile, Print & Surface Design)14th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Design Fundamentals (Photography)14th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Visual Arts (Painting and Drawing)14th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Styling (Fashion, Image & Media)28th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Interior Decoration2nd May 14
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time
- Latest News
- 19/04/13 Congratulations to Jane Rogers, winner a double movie pass for completing our styling graduate survey...
- 26/02/13 AICD is expanding! AICD Brisbane is moving into a new larger campus over the next few weeks! AICD Gold Coast's Acacia campus is also expanding too!....
- 21/12/12 AICD is now closed for the Christmas holiday break and will reopen on Wednesday the 3rd of Jan....
- 21/12/12 AICD Christmas Newsletter!
- 20/11/12 VET FEE-HELP Loans now available for Diploma of Beauty Therapy, Diploma of Photo Imaging, Diploma of Specialist Make-Up Services, Advanced Diploma of Fashion and Textiles Merchandising and more...
- 19/10/12 Congratuations to our students Kerry-Ann Andersson - winner of the 2012 Calico Brides Competition, Jaymi Spina - Highly Commended Award Winner and our 5 finalists!...
- 24/08/12 You are invited to the 'Head in the Clouds' parade event Wed 24th October...
- 08/08/12 New 'Try a Career Workshops' announced...
- 27/07/12 New visual arts and design courses for 2013!...
- 03/06/12 Congratulations to our fashion student Kerry-Ann Andersson, winner of the 'Fashion on James' design competition...
- 14/05/12 Congratulations to our styling student Candice Naughtin, winner of 'The Stylist's Apprentice' competition by Westfield Garden City...
- 23/12/11 AICD is now VET FEE-HELP Approved! This means that you can now access VET FEE-HELP assistance for studying in our Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology and Advanced Diploma of Interior Design courses!...
- 22/12/11 Merry Christmas! The AICD office is now closed for Christmas and will reopen on the 2nd of January...
- 14/10/11 New Eyelash Extension Course!
- 12/10/11 Come along to the Hello Fashion presents AICD styling graduates parade on the 4th of Nov...
- 11/10/11 Congratulations to Liezl Boshoff winner of the Highly Commended Award at the 2011 Calico Brides Competition...
- 17/08/11 Enter our Photography competition to celebrate the announcement of new photography courses!...
- 17/08/11 AICD announces 2012 January Summer School courses...
- 12/07/11 Congratulations to Sara Hultman for winning the Avenue Designer Competition final on Sunday the 3rd of July...
- 15/06/11 Evolved Designs: AICD Advanced Diploma of Fashion Design students present their collections at Sanctuary Cove...
- 11/06/11 Winter Chills and Fashion Thrills parade a success...
- 11/05/11 AICD releases new Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy part-time course...
- 09/05/11 AICD Styling students present: 'For the Love of Fashion: Winter Chills and Fashion Thrills' parade at Light Space...
- 09/05/11 Support 6 local up and coming designers showcasing their latests collections in the Evolve Fashion Showcase at Sanctuary Cove...
- 21/03/11 Over the past week we have had some problems with our Website and Emails. If you have not received a response to an email or online course enrolment from the past week, please get in touch with us as we may not have recieved your message...
- 17/12/10 Shoe Design, Make-Up and Beginner Sewing Holiday Courses starting on Monday the 10th of January! Last minute positions available - enrol now!
- 17/12/10 The AICD team wishes everyone a very Happy New Year! We have now re-opened our office, call to book an appointment to find out about our courses for 2011!
- New Holiday Courses Scheduled to run in January!
- Congratulations to Katie Styles for winning the Billabong 'Design a Bikini' Bikini Showdown Competition!
- Come to see the Unborn Treasures Show at the Sanctuary Cove Theatre on December 14th...
- Congratulations to Masa Gracanic for winning the Halloween Costume Design Competition held by the Temple Bar!
- Congratulations to Jane Andrewartha for winning the 'Runner Up' prize in the Qld Brides Design Awards 'Calico Brides' Competition!
- Come along to the 'Students Present Fashion Friday' parade on Friday 24th Sept at Temple
- Photos from the Metamorphosis Parade!
- Come along to the 'Metamorphosis...' parade Wed 18th Aug from 6pm at Lauxes'
- Congratulations to Julian Napier for winning the 'Electic Playground Club Couture' Fashion Competition!
- Photos from some recent photoshoots!
- Congratulations to Masa for winning the 'Little Green Dress' Design Award!
- Congratulations to Sam, Hazel, Sally & Stevie for their awards in the 'Style Off' competition...
- AICD is opening in Brisbane in 2010! More information coming soon!
- AIBT is now ITEC approved, giving our beauty students the opportunity to achieve international qualifications in Beauty. More information coming soon.
- Varsity Lakes Train Station is now open!
- March 2010 Intake of Certificate III in Styling course booked out. Next course starting in April 2010 - limited positions.
- Congratulations to Kylie Landsborough for her win at the Qld Bridal Design Awards last night! Also congratulations to Aubrey Wright winning the 'Highly Commended' award, Han Ho and Stephanie Mowat for winning 'Commendation' awards!...
- New dates set for January 2010 Summer School Courses
- We are now offering Interior Design Qualifications! Check back soon for more information!
- Photos from 'SIX' fashion parade held at 19Karen on the 28th of August...
- Receive a double pass to the September Issue when you enrol in the Diploma of Fashion Design / Business or Styling...
- Student's graduation parade to be held at 19Karen Contemporary Artspace on the 28th of August...
- Photos from the parade at Elsewhere on the 21st of June...
- Our street address is changing on the 1st of July due to the Council's road name change...
- Student's Fashion Parade to be held at Elsewhere on the 21st of June...
- Congratulations to Renee Enoka for winning the 'Designing A Fashion Career' competition...
- Congratulations to our styling student Sarah Rugg for winning the 'Style Off' competition...
- Congratulations to our students Renee and Olivia who have become finalists in the 'Designing a Fashion Career competition...